The Vic Theatre, designed by architect John E.O. Pridmore, opened in 1912 as the Victoria Theatre. It took three years to build the luxurious five-story vaudeville house. The lobby floor and staircases are still Italian marble, and the interior still has most of the original ornate wall sculptures. The acoustics are near perfect, and the balcony has wonderful sight-lines.
Today the Vic Theatre is located in the Central Lakeview area, an eclectic neighborhood which is home to great restaurants, theater, and shopping. The subject property contains 14,098 square feet of building area situated on a parcel of land containing 12,340 square feet. The Vic can easily accommodate 1400 people with seating for 1000.
When there’s no live music, hit the Brew & View. The Brew & View is the Vic’s alter ego, transforming the theater from music to movies. Three bars are open throughout the films, creating a cinematic experience miles away from the strip-mall multiplex. Movies at Brew & View tend to be second- and third-run, as well as cult and underground favorites. The lubricated crowd will often speak along with the dialogue or even dance (go see ‘Grease’ there). If you want to quietly concentrate on the movie, this is the wrong place. But if you want to see an old or new favorite for five bucks while drinking $1.50 beers, this is paradise.
- Tickets for the majority of events can be found on etix.com and can be purchased over the phone at 1-800-514-3849. Please be aware that a convenience fee will be charged online and over the phone.
- Tickets may be purchased without a convenience fee at our box office.
- There is an ATM inside the theater.
- Restrooms are located in the basement, accessible from the sides of the main floor.
- The theater is entirely non-smoking.
- Beverages are available for purchase – Visa, Mastercard and American Express are accepted at select bars.
- There is no food available for purchase. No outside food or drink may be brought into the theater.
- All shows are completely general admission, unless otherwise noted.
- There are fixed theater seats in our balcony that are first come, first served.
- The main floor is standing only, unless otherwise noted.
- There is an area set aside on the main floor for those with disabilities. Please call (773) 472-0449 if you require handicap seating.
- For age-restricted shows (18+ or 21+), a valid is required for entry.
- There is no re-entry into the theater once you have exited.
- For most public shows, recording devices including professional cameras, video recorders and audio recording devices may not be brought into the venue.